Whether choosing eyeglasses or sunglasses, your face shape should be the biggest factor in selecting your best look. Of course, you’ll also want to make sure that the eyeglasses fit comfortably and that your prescription provides the perfect vision correction.
What Are the Options?
Here are seven types of face shape and our thoughts on what works for each type.
- Oval: Look for frames that match the width of your face or that are slightly wider. Almost any frame will suit the balanced proportions of an oval face shape.
- Oblong: This face shape is similar to the oval face, but longer. Ideal frames shorten the face by creating a break. This is best done with round and deep lines.
- Round: The best frames for this shape are angular and narrow to lengthen the look of your face. Rectangular shapes work best.
- Square: Wide frames with short depth can help make your face look longer and soften some of the angles. Avoid square shaped frames as they will look out of balance.
- Triangle or Heart-Shaped: This face shape has a broad forehead and small chin. Small square or rounded frames along with light colors and materials, or rimless frames, would fit this face type best.
- Pyramid or Base-Down Triangle: This shape has a narrow forehead with wide cheeks and chin. Cat’s eye frames and frames detailed on the top half help bring balance to this face shape.
- Diamond: This shape works best with frames that have distinctive brow lines or cat’s eye shapes.
If you’d like further insight, try the entertaining YouTube video The Best Glasses for Your Face Shape or check out this superb Pinterest board. Even better, try our animated frame selection application.
What Else Should I Consider?
Another consideration for eyeglass frame selection is color. You’ll want a color that works with your skin tone and hair color. This can mean choosing a contrasting color, that enhances the prominence of your glasses, or choosing a complimentary color that blends into your features.
Whatever Choices You’re Seeking—We Have Them
You can give this a great deal of thought and there’s plenty of information to choose from on the Internet. However, you need to try eyeglass frames on and see first-hand how they look on your face, no matter your face shape.
That’s where Vision Source Plano comes into play. We have all the latest frames from the best eyeglass makers. There’s no doubt at all that we have exactly what will fit you the best.
Give us a call and let us guide your selection for that perfect fit.
Use our contact form or call us at 972-612-2099.
Disclaimer: The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.